Staff Accountant needed for expanding organization. Position is in Honolulu, therefore only applicants who presently reside in Hawaii will be considered. All out of state or country applicants will not be reviewed nor will they be responded to.
Staff Accountant Job Duties:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Staff Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
Accounting, SFAS Rules, Reporting Skills, Deadline-Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Confidentiality, PC Proficiency, Productivity, Verbal Communication, General Math Skills
We offer an excellent compensation and benefit package, room for advancement, a casual work environment, and much more.
You must presently live and reside in Hawaii
Must have general understanding of GAAP methodologies
Must have AP/AR experience
Must have 3-5 years solid experience working for an organization in the role of Accountant, Staff Accountant, Accounting Clerk, or some other full-time dedicated accounting position.
Must have excellent communication skills