Island of Hawai‘i, HI
Since 1993, the team at Hawaii Behavioral Health has provided high-quality services and treatment to the people of the islands. Today, HBH is the leading regional resource for community-based educational, social, and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and families with developmental disabilities throughout the State of Hawaii.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse licensed in the State of Hawaii to provide services to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Applicants must be motivated, energetic, compassionate, committed to high quality treatment, and enjoy working as part of a qualified team! As a growing company with multiple locations, this position offers great experience for those looking to advance their career.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provide skilled nursing services within scope of the State’s Nurse Practice Act and which require the education, assessment, judgement and intervention of a registered professional nurse (RN) licensed to practice in the State of Hawaii
- Includes the provision of nursing assessment, treatments and observation consistent with an order by a physician in accordance with Hawaii state law
- Works directly with clients, their families, care coordinator and the direct support workers in collaborating and developing the clients’ individualized service plan
- Implement a service plan and monitor its effectiveness in providing the necessary preventive measures, education, and treatment in and out of the client’s home and/or Licensed and certified settings
- Provide detailed notes of the interventions, judgements and assessments and make said documentation available at the frequency specified in the Individual Service Plan (ISP)
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- BSN and licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) and licensed in the state of Hawaii in accordance with Hawai‘i state law
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally
- Ability to effectively present information, both one-on-one and in small group settings
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to deal with problems involving multiple variables in standardized situations
- Personal qualities of warmth, acceptance, sound judgment, emotional stability, and reliability; must demonstrate courtesy, respect and politeness to all stakeholders
- Strong clinical skills and excellence in problem-solving, collaboration, and clinical competencies
- Able to both give and receive instructions or directions
- Able to respond effectively to the needs of the clients, families, DDD staff, and other multidisciplinary team members
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to travel island-wide
- Current TB Clearance (2-step)
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- This position is subject to an annual criminal background investigation and fingerprinting; continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions
- This position requires successful credentialing by the Hawaii Department of Developmental Disabilities
*This is a part-time position. Most servicing hours are after-school and evenings and possibly some weekends as well. Total hours vary depending on how many clients you work with.
**All applicants must be willing and able to become DDD credentialed.
Hawaii Behavioral Health offers competitive rates, paid time off, flexibility, and training from Doctorate and Master level clinical supervisors. We also offer the potential for medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage to all qualified employees.
If you have a strong desire to make a difference and improve the life of a person with ID/DD and have a great work ethic and attitude, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Qualified applicants will be contacted.