$200 sign on bonus!
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Hawaii Behavioral Health is seeking individuals who enjoy children, and have an interest in special education, psychology, child development, or a related field. The primary goal at Hawaii Behavioral Health is to provide high quality service to children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, helping them reach their full potential through ABA (applied behavior analysis) services. Hawaii Behavioral Health offers a rewarding and enriching environment for staff. We strive to create a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth, leadership and learning. Become a part of a collaborative team working to change the lives of children and families in your community.
- Implementation of treatment plans developed by a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Treatment plans often address communication, behavior, feeding, and social skill needs
- As an ABA Technician/RBT you will monitor the progress of clients and work closely with the BCBA to update treatment plans as necessary
- The ABA technician/RBT position is a part time position, working in a client home or in the community
- After-school, weekend, in-home, and daytime hours are available.
- Valid RBT certification (Hawaii Behavioral Health offers a certification program)
- High School Diploma minimum, Associate’s or Bachelor’s degrees preferred
- Experience working with individuals with autism, other intellectual or developmental disabilities, and/or severe problem behavior preferred
- An interest in developing skills related to applied behavior analysis, function-based assessment and treatment of problem behavior, data-driven programming, research-supported approaches to skill acquisition, and behavioral research
- Ability to assist individuals with personal care tasks with sensitivity and age- and skill-appropriate privacy
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums
- Ability to maintain a neutral affect and professional composure in the midst of chaotic situations
- Ability to pass a background check
- CPR/BLS certification preferred but not required
- Ability to drive to a variety of locations on the island
What we offer:
- Flexible, part-time schedule to include afternoons, weekends, in-home, or daytime hours
- Ongoing support and supervision & professional development in the field of behavior analysis
- Competitive Pay
- The potential for: Paid Time Off & Medical Benefits
Please contact for details regarding sign on bonus.