Salary: $14.00 /hour
Job Title: Human Resources Specialist/Clerk
Job Location: Honolulu, HI
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Company providing behavioral health services to children and adults with special needs is seeking an experienced Human Resources Specialist to join our team. The qualified applicant will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources department. This position is also responsible for carrying out the administration of HR policies, procedures, and programs in the following functional areas: departmental development, HRIS, employee relations, training and development, benefits, and organizational development.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provides administrative and project support to the HR department and other departments as needed
- Maintains employee records in compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Assist with paperwork for new hires, current employees, and former employees
- Assist in screening of applicants and scheduling interviews/orientation
- Obtain work/education history and conduct reference and background checks for the purpose of credentialing
- Coordinates health, life, and disability insurance enrollments and terminations
- Develop, coordinate, and post open job positions
- Provide support in the areas of Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment, FMLA/HFLA, COBRA, etc.
- General office duties: answering calls, assisting walk-ins, filing
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2+ years of progressive experience in human resources
- Must possess knowledge of HR procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Mid-level experience in MS Excel and other computer software
- Must have interpersonal, organizational, planning, and communication skills
- Must be able to manage several projects and tasks simultaneously
- Must work well under pressure
- Competitive rates
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package
If you meet the above requirements, please reply to this ad with your resume.
Candidates must reside on Oahu for consideration.
Qualified applicants will be contacted.