Kalihi, Honolulu, HI
For twenty-five years, Hawaii Behavioral Health has been a leader in Hawaii’s behavioral-health arena. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of children and families in Hawaii, by demonstrating excellence in the delivery of social, educational, and behavioral-health services. If you want to make a difference in the lives of those who need us, we have an opportunity for you.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Personal Habilitation (PAB) Worker/Direct Support Professional serves as a paraprofessional member of our treatment team. Under the guidance of a licensed professional, PAB Workers directly interact with our clients in the home or community setting. PAB Workers typically interact with clients and caregivers, on their own, during after-school and/or weekend hours. PAB Workers act as mentors, trainers, and counselors for our clients and their caregivers, directly influencing the quality of client-outcomes. You will play a major part in helping those we serve reach their goals.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or higher
- Some college is preferred
- Up to and including one year or more of direct interaction working with children or young adults.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Ability to communicate well, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to effectively present information to clients, stakeholders, and HBH employees
- Ability to do simple calculation, to carry out instructions given verbally or in writing, and to problem solve
- You must have patience, acceptance, sound judgment, emotional intelligence, and empathy
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- 2-Step TB clearance upon hire and annual TB examinations thereafter
- Current CPR and First Aid certification
- Extensive pre-hire background examinations
- Successful completion of training approved by the Hawaii Department of Health – DDD
- Valid and current Driver’s License, automobile insurance, and a clear traffic abstract
As one of Hawaii’s largest providers of behavioral-health services, Hawaii Behavioral Health is always looking for candidates to join our growing team. We develop our talent, and we strongly believe in preparing employees for promotion and advancement. For more information on our continuum of services, or to see other opportunities, visit our website at http://www.hibh.org