Job Title: Human Resources Director
Job Type: Regular, Full-Time
Job Location: Honolulu, HI
Company providing behavioral health services to children and adults with special needs is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated, self-directed full-time Human Resources professional to join our team. The qualified HR Director will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the agency’s HR management activities in efforts to maximize efficiency. Applicant must have experience in HR functions such as: compensation management, recruitment, personnel policies, and regulatory compliance. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy work place, works well with senior management, and is well-versed in all aspects of human resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Assist with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the company
- Oversees recruitment, hiring, credentialing, benefits administration, and other functional parts of the human resources department
- Develop and maintain employee-related databases
- Evaluates and recommends benefits packages to attract staff
- Monitors workman’s compensation program, TDI claims, FMLA, HFLA, military leave, and all other protected leaves of absence
- Develop job descriptions
- Create/modify employee handbook as needed
- Investigate and work with counsel on EEO and ADA issues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field Master’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in healthcare or behavioral health industry is highly desirable but not required.
- 5+ years’ experience in Human Resources
- At least 3 years in a human resources supervisory/management position
- Advanced in MS Excel and other computer software
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive rates
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive benefits package
Candidates must reside on Oahu for consideration. Qualified applicants will be contacted.