Since 1993, the team at Hawaii Behavioral Health has provided high-quality services and treatment to the people of the islands. Today, HBH is the leading regional resource for community-based educational, social, and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and families with developmental disabilities throughout the State of Hawaii.
We are currently looking for DDD Service Supervisors to provide services to clients with intellectual and developmental disabilities and supervision to our direct service staff. Applicants must be motivated, energetic, compassionate, committed to high quality treatment, and enjoy working as part of a qualified team! As a growing company with multi-island locations, this position offers great experience for those looking to advance their career.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provide monthly behavioral instructional support, orientation, training, and supervision to direct service workers
- Works directly with clients and their families in collaborating and developing the clients’ individualized service plan
- Write individualized plans for clients and train direct support workers on client’s individualized plan
- Provide behavioral health services in the home, community, and other various locations
- Construct data sheets and aggregate data in order to generate quarterly progress reports
- Monitors implementation and effectiveness of client’s individualized plans
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university in Social Sciences, Education, or related field orRN licensed in the State of Hawaii orBCBA licensed in the State of Hawaii
- 1-2 years of verifiable experience working directly with individuals with disabilities or with the elderly
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally
- Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small group settings
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Personal qualities of warmth, acceptance, sound judgment, emotional stability, and reliability. Must demonstrate courtesy, respect and politeness to all staff and personnel
- Strong clinical skills and experience demonstrating excellence in problem-solving, collaboration, and clinical competencies in providing services to youth and their families
- Able to give and receive instruction or direction to/from others
- Able to respond effectively to the varied needs of the clients, families, DDD staff, and other multidisciplinary team members
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to travel island-wide on O’ahu
- Current TB Clearance
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- This position is subject to an annual criminal background investigation and fingerprinting. Continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions
- This position requires successful credentialing by the Hawaii Department of Developmental Disabilities
*This is a part-time position. Most supervision hours for the worker are after-school and evenings and possibly some weekends as well. Total hours vary depending on how many clients you work with (each new client taken on typically takes at least a few hours per month). Must be available when supervisees are working with their client.
**All applicants must be willing and able to become DDD credentialed.
Hawaii Behavioral Health offers competitive rates, paid time off, flexibility, and training from Ph.D and Master level clinical supervisors. We also offer the potential for medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage to all employees.
If you have a strong desire to make a difference and improve the life of a person with ID/DD and have a great work ethic and attitude, please reply to this ad with your cover letter and resume. Qualified applicants will be contacted.