Skills Trainer – Wailuku, Lahaina, available positions island wide
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you want to make a difference in their lives? Are you looking for competitive pay, paid time off and a supportive working environment? If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, this is the job for you! We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to work one-on-one in a classroom/community setting with children or teens diagnosed with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Some essential job duties include:
- Work with student to address goals and objectives
- Implement student’s service and behavioral support plans
- Collect data
- Provide assistance as needed in the classroom
- Minimum of 48 college credits, Math 100 & English 100 required.
- Successful completion of Parapro Assessment (score of at least 459+) may be used in lieu of college credits.
- Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Special Education or related field preferred
- 1 year experience working with children preferred
Other position requirements:
- Must pass TB clearance
- Must be willing to undergo Fingerprint and background check
- Must be willing to travel to different schools island wide
- Must be available to work Monday – Friday from 7:30 to 3:30pm.
- Competitive rates
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage
- Ongoing training from our Ph.D. and Master Level Clinical Supervisors
Pay is $17-$18 per hour depending on education and experience.