Big Island, Hawaii
Hawaii Behavioral Health (HBH) is the leading regional resource for high quality community-based educational, social, and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and families throughout the State of Hawaii.
Our team of dedicated staff lives our mission of improving the health status of the children and families of Hawaii by demonstrating EXCELLENCE in the delivery of all of our services.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
CAMHD Paraprofessionals provide intensive support to youth and caregivers for the purpose of avoiding placement in a residential or inpatient treatment setting. This service includes intervention services, such as one-to-one skills training, supportive counseling, and positive behavioral support, coaching, and modeling. The CAMHD Paraprofessional will work under the close guidance of the youth’s assigned Intensive In-Home Therapist as well as follow specific goals and objectives listed in the youth’s mental health treatment place. Services take place in the home and in the community, often working with youth of psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, family situations, or any other mental health issues that might be affecting the child’s ability to function successfully in home, education, and community settings.
*This is a part-time position. Hours are after-school, evenings, and weekends and can go up to 20 hours per week.
**All applicants must be willing/able to become CAMHD credentialed.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited university in psychology, social work, mental health counseling or related field preferred
- Experience working with children and/or special needs population preferred
Two Levels of Paraprofessional
Paraprofessional Level 2:
- Personnel with a bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited university in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Mental Health or Behavioral Health Counseling
- Personnel with an associate degree or equivalent from a nationally accredited university in either Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Counseling, with at least two (2) years offull-time, clinically supervised work experience in the treatment of children or adolescents in a mental health or behavioral health setting.
- Personnel with a high school diploma must have at least four (4) years of full-time, clinically supervised work experience in the treatment of children and adolescents in a mental health or behavioral health setting ust be supervised by a QMHP, MHP or Supervising MHP
d. Paraprofessional Level 1:
- Licensed in related service areas to include (but not limited to) Speech language, Pathologist or Occupational Therapists
- Personnel with a college degree from an accredited university in a field of study other than Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Mental Health or Behavioral Health Counseling and at least one (1) year experience providing direct care to children and adolescents.
- Completion of thirty (30) hours of orientation and documented shadowing of at least three shifts before being allowed to work independently. This training shall be completed within three (3) months from the initial credentialing date.
- A High School diploma or equivalent and at least one (1) year experience providing direct care to children and adolescents and at least one (1) year experience providing direct care to children and adolescents.
- Completion of thirty (30) hours of orientation and documented shadowing of at least three shifts before being allowed to work independently. This training shall be completed within three (3) months from the initial credentialing date and Must be supervised by a QMHP, MHP, or Supervising MHP or Paraprofessional.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES DESIRED
- Strong clinical skills and experience demonstrating excellence in problem-solving, collaboration, and clinical competencies in providing services to youth and their families
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Able to give and receive instruction or direction to/from others
- Able to respond effectively to the varied needs of the students, families, CAMHD staff, and other multidisciplinary team members
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Must be willing to travel island-wide on O’ahu
- 2-Step TB Clearance required upon hire
- This position is subject to an annual criminal background investigation and fingerprinting. Continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions
- This position requires successful credentialing by the Hawaii Department of Health Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Competitive rates
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision coverage
- Ongoing training from our Ph.D. and Master Level Clinical Supervisors
If you have a strong desire to make a difference in the life of a child and have a great work ethic and attitude, please reply to this ad with your resume.