Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
Looking to make a difference in a families life? Be an agent of change in the life of someone special? Positively impact others while cheering their success? Come work with us at Hawaii Behavioral Health. Our primary goal at Hawaii Behavioral Health is to provide high quality service to children with ASD, helping them reach their full potential through ABA (applied behavior analysis) services. Hawaii Behavioral Health offers a fun and rewarding environment for staff. We strive to create a supportive atmosphere that promotes professional growth, leadership and learning. Become a part of a collaborative team working to change the lives of others in your community.
- Implementation of treatment plans developed by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Treatment plans often address communication, behavior, feeding, ADLs, and social skill needs
- As an ABA Technician/RBT you will monitor the progress of clients and work closely with the BCBA to update treatment plans as necessary
- The ABA technician/RBT position is a part time position, working in the home or in the community
- After-school, weekend, in-home, and clinic-based hours are available.
- Valid RBT certification (Hawaii Behavioral Health offers a certification program)
- 48 College Credits Minimum including Math and English 100; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience working with individuals with autism, other intellectual or developmental disabilities, and/or severe problem behavior preferred
- An interest in developing skills related to applied behavior analysis, function-based assessment and treatment of problem behavior, data-driven programming, research-supported approaches to skill acquisition, and behavioral research
- Ability to assist individuals with personal care tasks, including toileting routines, with sensitivity and age- and skill-appropriate privacy
- Ability to communicate effectively through verbal and written mediums
- Ability to maintain a neutral affect and professional composure in the midst of chaotic situations
- Ability to speak Marshallese and English fluently – preferable.
- RBTs needed in Waimea and Hawi area
What we offer:
- Flexible, part-time schedule to include afternoons, weekends, in-home, or clinic-based hours
- Ongoing support and supervision
- Professional Development in the field of ABA
- Competitive Pay
- The potential of: Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision coverage, Life and Long Term Disability, and Flex Spending