Career Support Specialist
Hawaii Behavioral Health (HBH) is the leading regional resource for high quality community-based educational, social, and behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and families throughout the State of Hawaii.
Our team of dedicated staff lives our mission of improving the health status of the families of Hawaii by demonstrating EXCELLENCE in the delivery of all of our services.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Employment Specialists will assist individuals with intellectual or developmental disabilities with Discovery and Career planning, Job Coaching and Development to provide the knowledge and skills needed to get a job in a competitive, integrated employment market or be self-employed. Duties will include but is not limited to Community research, Individualized assessments, Interviews, Mentoring, record keeping, evaluations, trainings and transporting clients.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma with 3 years experience working with individuals with developments or intellectual disabilities.
- Associated Degree with 2 years experience working with individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Services or a related field preferred with 1 year experience working with individuals with developmental or intellectual disabilities.
This position is subject to:
- An annual criminal background investigation and continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions.
- Certification of TB examination
- First Aid/CPR Certified
- APS Clearance
- Child Abuse and Neglect Clearance
Hawaii Behavioral Health offers:
- Training and Support to our staff
- Competitive rates
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage