CAMHD Paraprofessionals provide intensive support to youth and caregivers for the purpose of avoiding placement in a residential or inpatient treatment setting. This service includes intervention services, such as one-to-one skills training, supportive counseling, and positive behavioral support, coaching, and modeling. The CAMHD Paraprofessional will work under the close guidance of the youth’s assigned Intensive In-Home Therapist as well as follow specific goals and objectives listed in the youth’s mental health treatment place. Services take place in the home and in the community, often working with youth of psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, family situations, or any other mental health issues that might be affecting the child’s ability to function successfully in home, education, and community settings.
Job Type: Part-time
Location: We have openings in multiple locations across Hawaii (Oahu, Big Island, Kauai, Maui)
Starting Bonus: we offer a bonus for our new hires, HR team will provide further detail after the application has been submitted
- Work with youth to support the building of positive coping skills
- Support skill building interventions recommended by therapist
- Model behavior management skills and parenting approaches with parents during daily routines in the home
- Collect information about problematic behavior to help the therapist design effective interventions
- Provide “line in sight” supervision and work with the youth to support emotional regulation and acceptable behavior during community-based activities or household routines.
- High school diploma and have at least four (4) years of experience in the treatment of children and adolescents in a mental health or behavioral health setting.
- Associate degree in either Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Counseling, with at least two (2) years of work experience in the treatment of children or adolescents in a mental health or behavioral health setting
- Bachelor’s degree from a nationally accredited university in Psychology, Social Work, Nursing, Mental Health or Behavioral Health Counseling.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Pay (Bi weekly)
- Ongoing training from our Ph.D. and Master Level Clinical Supervisors
- Opportunities for advancement
- Medical and dental coverage
Apply on our Careers Page: https://hbh.breezy.hr/
ABOUT HAWAII BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
Hawaii Behavioral Health was founded in 1993 to serve Hawaii’s youth and families through behavioral, educational, and social health services. Our service has expended over the years to include paraprofessional support, behavioral health intervention, early intervention programs, psychological assessments, individual and family therapy, intensive home-based services, therapeutic foster care, and parent training. Our team of professionals remain dedicated to providing the highest quality of service for nurturing a child emotionally, intellectually, physically and spiritually. Join our team and further our mission to improve the health and well-being of children and families in Hawaii.
Company website: www.hibh.org