Our team of dedicated staff lives our mission of improving the health status of the children and families of Hawaii by demonstrating EXCELLENCE in the delivery of all of our services.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Works with families regarding concrete issues that impact upon psychological or emotional problems such as stress, substance abuse, family situations or any other mental health issues that might be affecting the child’s ability to function successfully in both home, education and community settings. Implements each youth’s therapeutic treatment plan under direction of supervisor and therapist.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor degree from a nationally accredited university in psychology, social work, nursing, counseling, education, or special education or;
- Associates degree in psychology, social work, nursing, counseling, education, or special education with one year of experience or;
- High school diploma with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with youth with a mental health diagnosis and/or special needs.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Able to give and receive instruction or direction to/from others.
- Able to respond effectively to the varied needs of the students, families, CAMHD staff and other multidisciplinary team members.
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- This position is subject to an annual criminal background investigation and fingerprinting. Continued employment is contingent on a record clear of convictions
- This position requires to be credentialed by Hawaii Department of Health Child and Adolescent Mental Health Division
- This position requires certification of an annual TB examination
- Current First/Aid & CPR certification
- Valid and current Driver’s License and Automobile Insurance
All positions are part-time but have the ability to become a full-time position.